Charamel GmbH develops 3D applications and avatar solutions for digital services using artificial intelligence. Within a broad research project as well as for commercial applications we develop solutions with Sign Language Avatars. Together with our partners we implement the latest results from user studies to bring out new technology for accesibility for deaf people.
We are looking for immediate support by a
Working Student (f/m/d) for project conception and linugistics
German Sign Language (DGS)
- You ideally study German Sign Language/Sign Language Interpreting, Linguistics, Computational Linguistics or German Studies;
- You are creative and can quickly find your way into situations;
- Creating concepts is not difficult for you;
- You can grasp communicable situations and formulate them in a structured text;
- Ideally you have some knowledge of German Sign Language (DGS), and you may even have a good command of it;
- You are interested in technical innovation and possibilities to implement translations in certain areas with technical solutions;
- You are curious and want to help shape the future;
- You have good to very good knowledge of common office programs and are able to quickly familiarize yourself with new programs;
- Inclusion is an exciting work environment for you.
What you should bring with you:
- Collaborate on concepts for the use of Sign Language Avatars;
- Build, maintain, and manage digital corpora and prepare texts for use in digital application fields;
- Support in the field of avatar production using state-of-the-art technologies;
- Collaboration in research projects on the topic of sign language avatars;
- Supporting the team and project collaborators with deaf and hearing collaborators.
- German fluently (written and spoken)
- Great creative freedom within the framework of future-oriented projects;
- Cooperation in a motivated and sympathetic team;
- An agile environment including the conditions to really make a difference;
- Possibility for final theses (Bachelor/Master) and subsequent permanent employment;
- Location in Cologne;
- Flexible working hours and trust-based working time;
- Insights into forward-looking technologies and the opportunity to help shape the future;
- Free drinks in the office.
We offer you a job where you can live out your passion and demonstrate your skills to the fullest extent. You can expect challenging and varied projects in a pleasant working atmosphere in a young and collegial team. In addition, we offer a high degree of creative freedom and responsibility with the opportunity to help shape your career.
You are interested in future-oriented technologies that can support translations and languages and would like to learn more about how sign language can be implemented with the help of avatars? Are you interested in working on new concepts and linguistic applications using AI? Then you've come to the right place!
Get in touch with us!
Please send us your complete and meaningful application documents by e-mail.
E-Mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office address/postal address: Subbelrather Str. 13, 50672 Köln/Cologne, Deutschland
Registered office: Aachener Str. 60-62, 50674 Köln/Cologne, Deutschland
Tel: +49 (0) 221 - 33 66 4-0